Friday, April 8, 2011

I know you've been waiting...

So sorry for the huge lapse in posts. For some reason, my camera and computer were having a fight and they didn't want to work together. But they have made up and I was finally able to load my pictures. Although, there are still photos on a different card in my husband's camera that I still need to get my hands on, so those will have to come later.

To start the line-up of projects:
A refashion!
Can you believe that this shirt, just a plain old T-shirt...

now looks like this!?!
It all happened because I received a beautiful shirt for my birthday. I wore it once and felt so pretty in it. It then got washed and accidentally dried. Needless to say, I could no longer wear the lovely shirt without somehow making myself 6 inches shorter. I was heartbroken. So I sat and stared at the shirt wondering if I should just donate it or make something for Iris out of it. I went to my stack of shirts that I have held onto to make into something else and saw sitting right there on top 4 plain white T-shirts that Evan was getting rid of. They were given to him but were too small. They were too big for me so I threw them in my stack. Anyways...my brain went to work and I came up with a pretty cute shirt. I took the collar from the birthday shirt and worked my magic on the T-shirt. What do you think? Improved?

Next is another refashion of sorts. I needed a birthday present for a young girl. So my mind went to work again. I looked through the bag of fabric I had just gleaned from Grandma Jessie's and found the cute pink flannel. I snatched a pair of jeans from the box of hand-me-downs sent to me from my dear friend Kayla (thanks again Kayla)...

and made them into this! A perfect little purse for a cute little girl.

I used the flannel for the lining. I even put some pockets on the inside. And stitched in a magnetic closure that I happened to have in my sewing box to keep it closed. Hope she liked it.

It had been a while since I made some soft-soled shoes. I thought Clara could use a cute black pair. So I used the black leather skirt I found at Savers for the soles and pink scraps for the lining. I wanted to put something on the top and happened to have this super cute pink lace in my box. I love them!

And the last is another refashion. Actually it's just an alteration. I really liked this shirt but it was always just a little to big and baggy for my taste. So I just took it in a little and wear it all the time now. Much better in my opinion.
Well that's it for now. I guess it's not too much, but it does make me feel better about finally getting something on here. Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Sadie said...

So awesome Kinz! I really love what you did with the shirt. I've been wanting to refashion some shirts for such a long time... I even have the shirts and the lace and everything... just never the time or motivation. Love everything! You are so talented

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

Stinking cute shirts, you talented lady!

Света said...

Shoes very beautiful. How to learn to sew the such?