Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Goodies

I am finally posting about the stuff that I made for Christmas. Now that the recipients have seen them I no longer have to keep them a secret. Of course some of them weren't a secret, like this one. Iris' Christmas dress. I was pretty pleased with the way it turned out. I got the fabric for really cheap at Wal-Mart and the ribbon finishes it off really cute. She loves it and wore it for almost two days straight.


I made these shoes for Donevan. He had almost worn through his John Deere ones already. I made the top part out of leather too since that is where he was wearing it through. I like how they turned out. I'll have to get some brown fabric for the back for the next pair.


Lately I've been on this repurposing kick. Using old adult clothes to make kids clothes. I had this old sweater that I absolutely loved, but had shrunk a tiny bit and was a little too short for me. So I turned it into a sweater dress for Iris. It makes me happy to see it. It turned out fabulous. I have a few other things that I've made, but I haven't taken pictures yet. So when I do I'll get them on here. Isn't she so cute, being my model. It looked even cuter when we put tights on underneath.

Evan's Aunt Kathleen asked me to make a cradle blanket and pillow using this fabric. It was pretty easy. I just followed the lines that were already on the fabric to machine quilt it together. And made a little envelope pillow cover (not sure the correct term, but that's what I call it) to go with it. Her son is having a baby boy. I kinda like the red and black.


This is a cute little beanie I made for my sister's unborn little girl. Iris had a beanie like this and I loved it so I kinda copied the pattern, except that one was knit and this one is crocheted. Still cute though. Like a little neapolitan sundae with cherries on top!

I made this for my sister's family to hang on their tree. I used to make a lot of these. Most were needle tatted, but this one is crocheted. I need to make one for my tree! Of all the snowflakes and ornament covers I've made over the years, I don't have a single one on my tree. I always manage to give them away! Maybe next year.

I tried my hand at Scrabble Tile Pendants. They were really easy and turned out super cute. I made two for my sister and two for me. I want to make a whole bunch more. I could make one for every outfit. 

These beanies I made for my nephews. The Simply Soft yarn is the best for stuff like this. It is so soft and flexible. And by flexible I mean that it's not stiff like some yarns. Especially with crocheting, stuff tends to be stiff, but this yarn makes a huge difference. I hope they can wear them. They'll need them after they move back to Alaska!! Bbbrrrrr!!!
So that is a few of the things that I have been keeping under my belt. I still need to take some pictures of some stuff. But I love Christmas and being able to make most of my gifts is half the fun for me. Hope you like 'em.

5 comments:

Sadie said...

Awesome Kinz! You never cease to amaze me.

Teah said...

Wow!! Everything is so beautiful.

Angela said...

Looks like you have been busy. I've been meaning to try the pendants but haven't yet. Do a giveaway so I can win one then I won't have to make my own ;) Also, I still put a little hat that you tatted for me on my tree every year. Aaron asks where it came from every year and I always say my good friend Kinsey Loo Hoo made it for me.

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

Man you're creative. I wish I had even a part of your talent...... Love ALL of them!

Beth and Shae said...

I love it all. You are so creative. Keep it up.